Monday, July 26, 2010

Camping at the Crawford!




We had a wonderful weekend at Crawford State Park, which is near Fort Scott, Kansas. Beautiful, very warm weather until Saturday evening, when an exciting thunderstorm and heavy rain hit. I am never disappointed by the falling barometer, as it gives me a chance to check my camper for leaks and to wear that spiffy raincoat I bought at the Goodwill for just $2.00!! We were just finishing dinner, taco salad and margaritas, when the black clouds moved in...we picked up and headed for shelter under the RV awning, just as the sky opened up and bucketfuls of rain fell!

Earlier in the day, I met up with a nice couple, Claudia and Jim. Jim was very interested in my 1959 Winnebago, as he was in the process of trying to determine age and model of his own Vintage trailer...he had narrowed it down to Comet vs Winnebago. We had a lot of fun comparing notes about our campers. I also gained some info about the frame, as Jim had reinforced his recently, when he noticed it flexing and "porpoising" during tow... I have not noticed mine doing this but will be keeping an eye out, now that I know what to expect and the probable cause! Always something with these vintage trailers.

Next stop Roaring River State Park... a repeat of a trip we took last year that was so successful we added it to the list again this August. Can't wait to wade in the cold stream..hopefully, but not likely, catch a trout!

It has been such a busy summer! Time to slow down and enjoy what is left of this hot weather!! Soon it will be winter coat time!

Click on my grroveshark link to the right "A Summer Place"

2 comments:

  1. GREAT looking trailer. Love the red and white striped canopy and the chairs. You've put a lot of thought into it's appearance. Hope you are having fun out there on the road.

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked for a 'Follow Button' on your blog and didn't find one... *sighs*

    ReplyDelete