Friday, June 25, 2010

Murphy's Law




What happens when you are scheduled to have a houseful of company, family that you haven't seen in ages! The refrigerator quit, the air conditioner in the car pooped out and the washing machine died! It was a very expensive week! I did go to the laundry-mat today to catch up on some washing..we had been swimming or boating every day, coupled with lots of showers, the dirty towels were piling up!!!

My new washing machine is coming tomorrow, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go to my favorite laundry. Located at the corner of 40 Highway and 7 Highway in Blue Springs, Missouri. It has been there as long as I can remember. When the kids were small, I could always convince them to go along. There were a couple of arcade machines, a candy machine and pop for sale. Mom always had a lot of quarters saved up for the trip, so the children knew they were in for fun...after they helped me lug the clothes baskets and laundry powder inside.

Today I brought my laptop along for the first time...much better then reading the outdated magazines left behind by other customers! I got some strange looks as I sat by the machines typing away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment