Monday, June 7, 2010

Still on the Nest!



Mamma Duck is still on the nest! I first discovered her, quite by surprise, on
May 28th. She is under my kitchen window...every morning, ever so quietly, I raise the window and peer down at her. She is well hidden in the fern garden aka weed patch, next to the north side of the house. It probably stays cool there, even on these hot afternoons. I have been vigilant about neighborhood cats and dogs, hoping to fend them off, if necessary. My husband has been repeatedly warning me...."often many of the ducklings "don't make it".

It has been ten days plus..I have no idea where we are in this gestation process. I have really enjoyed watching from a distance and have marveled at Mamma Duck's quiet patience and determination to see this through!! Will keep you posted and hope to be showing cute baby duck pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment