Sunday, June 13, 2010

Turtle Soup




We were camping at Lake Jacomo this weekend and noted how bold the "wild-life" ( LOL) at the Park had become!! First thing Saturday morning the drunken campers that were in the site across from me were evicted from the campground by the Sheriff and the Park Ranger!! They were camping in a mini van from which they had removed the seats and were using them to lounge around the fire. At ten o'clock their site was quiet and peaceful....they were resting up from the party they had all afternoon and preparing for one that would last throughout the night!!!

I suppose someone complained...after all we all needed to be quiet and asleep so the huge raccoon could raid our trash cans! I swear, he was the biggest raccoon I have ever seen, living on all the some- mores and hotdogs left behind by campers, There was also a huge bunny who frequented our site, looking for the diet conscious campers who would provide him with a lettuce leaf!

This baby Snapper was really a find!! I saw movement on the road in the hot afternoon on Saturday.....I had plenty of time to find my camera as this little fellow was going as fast as he could, which was VERY SLOW!!! He made it to the grass..I am sure he was seeking relief from the hot pavement to the cool, damp grass!! I couldn't belief my luck when then I noticed the Lady Bug!! It gave such great size perspective to the picture....but I was curious about the intent of the Lady Bug...didn't she realize she needed to fly away, fly away, fly away home??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment