Thursday, March 11, 2010

Downnorth vs Downeast



Here is my latest addition to the "The North Face" wardrobe I am building, spending the money that would normally be left to one's offspring. As soon as I saw this coat, I had to have it..it is the warmest, lightest winter coat I have ever owned! It is soft and cozy like wrapping yourself in a blanket. Most coats are annoying and uncomfortable, restricting your arm movement and just plain old bulky! Often winter coats add at least ten pounds to haul around on your shoulders.....not this sweet little down coat! I bet it doesn't even weigh a pound...matter of fact, I am going to go weigh it... I'll be right back!

Okay..it weighs two pounds..but oh so light and fluffy...probably no hydrogenated fats or preservatives, but I digress. And by the way, when I was on the scale, weighing my coat, I noted I need to knock off about ten pounds myself!!

Anyway...order it online, if you are lucky enough to still find one...the Metropolis ladies coat....it almost makes me hate to see winter come to an end!!

Sizing? Crazy thing but it is pretty generous sizing..not at all like most Northface clothes that are cut for the extremely streamlined body....I ordered a small..I am about 5'3'', 123 (gulp!) It is a close fit but not tight..it would be hard to layer over a heavy sweater but it is perfect over those nice thinner fleeces. Mine is Bittersweet Brown, it is beautiful in Black ( I've seen it!) and I think it comes in a few other colors too!!!

Go for it!!! Hey I am out of room but I really set out to write about Downeast. (Maine) That word always fascinates me..so I will blog on it later, just in case you are curious too!

Hey, "How bout them Cowgirls?" click on my grooveshark link!

No comments:

Post a Comment