Thursday, March 25, 2010

You can't go back!




This is the little playhouse my dad built for my sister and me many years ago! It was a pretty thing when it was new. We spent lots of fun times in that miniature house. Playing with our dolls, coloring, sewing and hiding from our brothers!!!

Mom loved that we had a playhouse..it was out on the edge of the lot..far away from the main house. She was able to enjoy the peace and quiet of her own home when my sister and I were out there. She used to even pack a lunch for us!! Now I understand and I remember doing the same thing for my kids!! Packed a lunch and sent them down the lake in their little fishing boats!! AHHHH!!!!

Reality Check! The end of an Era...Dad has been gone for years..passed away even before my first child was born. And now...we have moved Mom into a retirement apartment. She loves it and I can't blame her! It is beautiful, new, clean and the food is good! Plus she has a housekeeper every week. Hey..I want a retirement apartment!!!

So this weekend, we empty out the house and the new owner takes possession in just a week. And I feel really good about it..I have never had problems saying good bye..in fact, I have never figured out if it is an asset or a fault...being able to cut your losses and move on. I lived in that house, with the playhouse, longer then anywhere I have ever lived! And that was only 17 years...what can I say, I have wanderlust! I think that is why I so love to camp. It is that mobility, the change, new surroundings....a drop of Gypsy blood perhaps in my genetic makeup...right along with my French and German heritage.

"There is always a few little pieces you can't find...." Toby Keith "You can't go back" click on the Grooveshark link, please

"I swore I'd never do this anymore. There is always a heartache behind each door"

I love you Toby! This song is soulful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment