Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Wall








Well, here we are! The last time all of us "kids" will be together at the old house!

On Saturday March 27th, we loaded cars, trucks and dumpsters. We hauled, swept and painted. We drank a little beer and ate sliders. ( White Castle burgers) I am ashamed to say that we demolished the box of thirty..that is an average of five each...a family tradition. Luckily this tradition is only celebrated about every ten years..I don;t think our coronary arteries could withstand more.

Mom is cozy and settled, quite happily, in her new digs, a retirement apartment. My brothers can heave a sigh of relief...they no longer have to worry with this house that has been falling apart since Dad passed 30 years ago!! All is well!!!

And whoever hits the Alton Goodwill in the next few days will score some major vintage treasures!!!!

The wall heighth chart is my dad's art work....still fresh after 30 years..he took great pride in measuring how tall we were getting. We had to poke fun at my older brother who is actually shorter now then when last measured!!! And how my younger sister was very short!!!

Time flys when we are having fun! Click on my grooveshark link..."Who says you can't go home?"

No comments:

Post a Comment