Thursday, January 7, 2010

"The Stronge, Silent Type"




My blog is a measure of my mood and pysche during any given week. Daily blogging indicate happiness, good health and a well balanced work/personal life. Infrequent blogging occurs during weeks of duress, fatigue and general grumpiness! I am so regretful when I don't blog..like "carbs", blogging "completes me"!! LOL!!

I am particularly proud of this photo. I took it last summer with my little point and click Olympus camera. The horse was in a pasture over by Lake Perry....he was just so majestic I had to snap a picture...he didn't even look real. I was able to get out of the car and approach him.He remained calm and regal! He stood as still as a statue and every bit as beautiful!

The scene reminded me of a romance novel....the horse on which the handsome hero would gallop to rescue his beautiful bride, but from what? Oh yes, from the land of grasshoppers.

Grasshoppers? Wait where did that come from?

That day in July, there were a lot of grasshoppers everywhere! It was creepy!! They started jumping on my legs and even in my hair!!! I went running back to the car, where my own hero sat waiting to rescue me! "Yes, when I was a little girl I wanted a pony but now that I am all grown up, I want a Stud!"

I wish I could say that was an original line but I read it on a greeting card somewhere..maybe at the Farm and Home Store card department!

Remember Fabio? Doesn't this horse look a lot like him?! LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment