Sunday, January 24, 2010

"my favorite things" or "random acts of kindness"



When we went to the SOTF White Buffalo camp out last fall, the girls had a gift exchange. And we did one of those dirty deals where we could steal from each other! The limit was set though, once a gift arrived at the third person, it could not be stolen away!!!

I chose and opened my gift...and there it was!!! This darling little sterling silver charm! A vintage travel trailer!! I knew by all the exclamations of "Oh!", "Ooh!!" and "How cute!!!" that it would immediately stolen away from me!!! And of course it was!! But one random act of kindness by a kind gal, restored it back to me!! She had her gift stolen from her and she chose to take mine (I don't want to hurt any one's feeling but it was marginal in desirability, as compared to the sterling travel trailer charm!)I was then able to steal, as the rightful owner, the little silver treasure. Being the third recipient, it could not be taken from me!!!

This may seem confusing to the innocent bystander..most likely one of those "you had to be there" moments!!! It was incredibly thoughtful and generous for this gal to allow me to steal back the gift. Perhaps she saw it as an opportunity to extend a random act of kindness ( and good-natured fun!!). She kind of smiled and winked at me and I realized the whole scenario had been well thought out on her part!!

I have a really good feeling in my heart about this little charm and all it represents!! I love you Sisters!!!! And Cheri, thanks again for the great campout and the charm!

"Burn Down the Trailer Park" click on the Grooveshark link

1 comment: