Saturday, January 16, 2010

Packing up for next year!



Yesterday I spotted the Sugar Creek Public Works department working on removing the city Christmas decorations. The weather has been so cold the past few weeks, no one has had the heart to work out in the cold. Most of the city maintenance crews were busy dealing with snowy streets and icy roads. Friday the temps rose above freezing. at least for a short time, and the workers were able to collect a few decorations to pack away for next year!

My husband and I have been in a stand off at our house about the decoration removal. My theory was... "he put them up, he should take them down". His point of view was similar, with a slight twist..."he put them up, I should take them down".

Well, patience usually wins .....I got out of bed this morning to the sound of bubble wrap and card board boxes! The tree was down and the mantel decorations were scattered to all four corners of the great room. But progress was underway, so I threw in the white towel of surrender and joined him. A few hours later, most was tucked back into the closet until next year. This time I remembered to position the Thanksgiving decorations to the front, for easy access in November.

The house looks so bare now....although I didn't initially want the Christmas decorations up this year, I have enjoyed them immensely, in fact for many weeks now!!!! I was scheduled to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, only one of three kids could make it home for Christmas and we left to go out of town on our snowy Perry adventure Christmas night. With that gloom lurking, it was difficult to justify decorating this year, so I bailed and hubby elected to do it alone. And I have to say..he did a nice job!

Bah Humbug! But thanks so much to my husband for being a really good sport and a great partner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment