Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I am begging you!



As you see from this pic, we love our critters..in fact that is an understatement! We love, love, love our critters!!!

Please do not tie your dog in the back of a pick up truck and drive 40 mph down the road! I am begging you!

This morning when I was driving to work, I saw a pickup with a dog tied, to the side of the truck, in the bed, on a very short leash. The dog, a beautiful Lab Retriever mix, was naturally very curious. He kept leaning over the rails of the truck, and at one point, it looked like he was going to jump. Anyone with dogs, realizes how energetic and curious they can be..they have very little sense of caution or fear. Their senses and desires simply overwhelm them with eagerness to explore the world and surroundings. And they are so eager to please! Many owners assume that their beautiful dog will simply lay down in the pickup bed for the ride and everything will go safely!!

WRONG!!! WAKEUP!!

This dog has no sense of right or wrong, caution or misfortune...as soon as the owner placed him in the pick up bed, he took away any intuition of safety! He replaced it with the joy of riding in the wind and the desire to take in all the world has to offer!! What if the driver had to slam on the brakes? What if the dog decided to attempt to jump out?

I was so upset watching that dog owner this morning, put his beautiful, loyal pet at risk. It actually made me feel ill to think of the injury that could have occurred.

And I am not talking about a little ride down to the next field to check the horses! I am talking about a busy 4-lane road, at rush hour traffic traveling at speeds of 40 mph. If people do not have enough common sense to protect their pet, I believe the police should intervene!!!

I kept trying to roll down my window to call out to the driver! Probably lucky that I was not able to catch his attention..for a driver with so little concern for that pet, probably has even less patience with his fellow driver and their opinion!!

So I ask that stupid, ignorant, careless person! ( yes, tell me how you feel!) How would you like me to tie you to a short leash, put you back, in the bed of a truck and drive 40 mph in 30 degree weather, YOU MORON!!!


So I pray.....Please, God of all critters.... protect our precious animals, for they are yours too, the great and the small, from the evils of irresponsible pet owners. Please God, protect them from injury and watch over them daily! Amen

Grooveshark link to right.."All creatures great and small"

No comments:

Post a Comment