Wednesday, December 23, 2009

North Face...just in time for the blizzard!



I was out shopping the thrift stores again and found another North Face! You may remember my earlier posting on my North Face collection....This one was $5.00 but the pink fleece was so gray, I doubted it was salvageable. I bought it anyway and brought it home...I let it soak in a bucket of water and Clorox II for about an hour...the water turned absolutely brown!!! Then I rinsed it and rinsed it, followed by a run through the washer with more detergent and Clorox II. I hung it up to dry and the thing turned out as clean and bright as could be!!!!

Wow, pink and gray! My favorite retro color combination.....there was a house at Lake Lotawana painted the most beautiful shade of gray with pink shutters (and accents of black)..almost identical to the colors of this jacket! I used to love to drive by that little cottage! It was the cutest thing..looked like a flash back to the
"50's". I imagined a single woman as the owner or perhaps, a very clever, married woman! Just think of the negotiating skills that would be required to convince a husband to paint the shutters pink!

The darling cottage remained pink and gray for approximately five years...now I am not sure what color it is..it is so drab, that I haven't even bothered to pay any attention. Curb Appeal!!!

North Face! Great Curb, I mean Curve Appeal!!!

1 comment:

  1. That would take some smooth negotiating. Believe it or not I was able to decorate our 68 trailer using pink. I couldn't believe the hubby agreed to it. I told him it was the only option since the sink was pink. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete