Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!



Merry Christmas everyone! My dream came true!! I was hoping for a White Christmas and we got it! It is just beautiful! I am so sorry that it interfered with travel plans for many....but it really completed my Wish List!

The sled pictured was mine from childhood. My brothers moved Mom into a retirement apartment this month. The boys had been trying to get the house emptied out...54 years of accumulation, a monumental task!! I rescued the sled from the trash pile, I don't think my brothers were interested in this sled, if I remember right they had a larger one. The girls had to share this little Silver Streak! I do remember riding down many snowy hills with my sister, both of us squeezed on for ride! We especially loved sled riding at night...the neighbor would flip on their porch light so we could avoid the tree and shrub obstacles as we flew down the hill!!!!

I had recently purchased a Radio Flyer sled at a garage sale. It looked like it had never been used! But I really prefer my Silver Streak from childhood! With a little luck I can still hang on when we hit the sledding hill! I will keep you posted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment