Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Denver, Colorado



When the weather starts to grow cooler, I begin to think about Colorado. When the kids were younger, we went every year, sometimes twice, to ski and enjoy the "Rocky Mountain High".

And when I think of the Rocky Mountains, John Denver comes to mind. I have always loved his music, his gentle voice and expression. On October 12, he will be gone for 12 years. I have many of his albums and listen to them often, especially as winter sets in and the Holidays arrive. I have his Christmas Album, which is one of my favorites.

When traveling to Colorado, we would turn up the volume on "Rocky Mountain High", as soon as we began to see the Mountains! The kids giggled and thought we were corny, but soon they were singing along. That song can bring me to tears and I thank you John, for that. I will treasure your songs my entire life and will remember the precious gift of music, the legacy you left behind.

A Lake Lotawana neighbor of mine, when seeing my collection of favorite CDs, suggested I update my musical tastes!! ( Rob, I forgave you for that!!)

But when he loaded up his teenager and mine, to head west for a Colorado weekend of skiing, I sent along the CD!! I don't think it ever found it's way into the disc player, but I felt better just knowing John was in the car, in spirit!

John...... Rest in Peace

Click on the Grooveshark Link to the right to hear amd appreciate "Rocky Mountain High"

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about John....he can still make me cry when certain songs come on...Sheryl

    ReplyDelete