Thursday, October 22, 2009

George Orwell's "Nineteen Eight-Four"



I have my bandanna packed and I am ready to run away! Thanks goodness tomorrow is Friday and we have the weekend to look forward to!! However, I want to "run away", yes, I do, I want to hook up my trailer and camp for the weekend.

The problem? I have a lot to do here at home and hubby has a full social calender planned for us for the weekend. He didn't know but I reserved this weekend a long time ago, so I am in a dilemma..what to do? Go or stay?! Tough decision, but with the weather changing so rapidly there are fewer and fishing and camping days left.
So I am "semi-packed" as you can tell from my bandanna on the stick!!! I have a few clothes thrown together and my reservation was made months ago.....I have a mental meal plan and the cooler is still by the front door from our last overnight to the Lake. Just in case!

Do you remember this song "Runaway" by Real McCoy? Wikipedia was my info source on this, so I can't be sure of the accuracy. The lyrics to this song were based on George Orwell's novel "Nineteen Eight-Five". I never knew that and was fascinated..now I have to read the novel again. ( which we all read in 8th grade, right?) This song was released in 1995 by the German eurodance group, Real McCoy. It achieved #3 on the Billboard charts after becoming immensely popular in the USA.

Who Knew??? The lyrics to this song have always puzzled me, but I really love them and think they give a message. Well, now we know....."Nineteen Eight-Four" and Big Brother is still watching us!

Grooveshark link to the right so you can "groove" on Runaway

No comments:

Post a Comment