Friday, October 9, 2009

Madison County



We are here in Madison County, Iowa. It is beautiful, the town of Winterset is small and quaint. Today we toured three of the covered bridges, did some antique shopping and browsed the local Ben Franklin store. We had lunch at a neat little "back to the fifty's" style dinner. It was a lunch counter and tables at the back of the Montross' Pharmacy. We were told that is where the locals eat. We had a great burger and a piece of pie.

I can't wait to download all my pics...looks like I got some nice ones of the bridges and of Pammel State Park, where we are camping. A bonfire and a super meal outdoors completed our evening, so I am going to call it night - night and enjoy a good sleep in my '59 Winnie!

Don't let the bedbugs bite!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi JS...I can just picture you in your little Winnie typing away...have fun....S.

    ReplyDelete