Monday, October 12, 2009

The Northside Cafe


























Last weekend when we were at the Covered Bridge Festival we decided we needed to go inside, to warm up and have a bite to eat. Across the street from the Courthouse, we saw this little place...it didn't look fancy but we were very cold, so in we went! Turns out we had inadvertently chosen the cafe that had been featured in "The Bridges of Madison County". As soon as we entered, we saw the long counter where Clint Eastwood, aka Robert Kincaid, had sat drinking coffee. It was the seen where the adulterous Mrs Delaney (actually Mrs Delaney to be, at that time she was just having an affair with the cheatin' Mr. Delaney). The cafe looks just the same as in the movie, wood paneling, booths and tables. The waitresses were dressed in t-shirts and jeans, not those funky waitress uniforms which were worn in the 60's and 70's ( I wore something similar in 1971, when I worked at the Dairy Queen!)

We had a yummy lunch and marveled that we had just happened on another of Clint's "hot" spots, if ya know what I mean! I took a quick pic, although the sign on the front door warned "no pics or videos in the cafe" I guess I got my due punishment when I accidentally deleted ALL of my pics taken on that Saturday, including the pics of the Roseman Bridge, with snow decorating it!!!

I will end on Robert Kincaid's quote...."This kind of certainty only comes once in a lifetime."

Would you agree? Being the skeptic..I say "I disagree". But I would re-phrase and say..."I am certain that one often feels that this kind of certainty only comes once in a lifetime"

But I did LOVE the movie! Click on Patsy Cline "Your Cheatin Heart"

No comments:

Post a Comment