Friday, November 27, 2009

Boat Owners





Have you heard the comment, "The happiest two days in a boat owner's life. the day he bought it and the day he sold it!"???

Well, bye bye little boat. Today it went to a buyer out of Minnesota. He was absolutely thrilled! Drove all the way from Minnesota to buy this sweet Laser Vaga. And my husband was equally thrilled, because now he gets to start looking for a replacement boat. Those of you that know Doc, he love to negotiate a deal on a boat as much as he loves to sail! I have actually lost count of how many boats he has bought and sold!!!

And then there is me, who likes to hang on to things forever....like my 1959 Winnie, case in point!!! It made me sad to see the boat pull out of the driveway but my husband's smile and excitement over beginning the next boat search balanced the moment!!!

So stay tuned! I would predict, by the spring 2010 sailing series, there will be another boat in our life!!

Click on Sloop John B "Hoist up the John B sail, see how the mains'l sets"

No comments:

Post a Comment