Thursday, November 12, 2009

Someone's singing, Lord!



Can you listen to this song without singing along? I doubt it! Try it, go ahead, you know you love a challenge! If you can make it through the song, without singing along, let me know! I will by you a "non-alcoholic beverage" or a candy bar, your choice!!

Oh my goodness! As soon as the children started singing along I was there!!! Immediately transported back to summer of 1967, sitting in the church van, traveling to Camp! Our van was called the "Holy Roller". No kidding! I went to a very cool church! It was a full size van, a 350 Econoline /12 passenger van. The van had been professionally painted with "Holy Roller" on the back, the church info on the side...we had a lot of good times in that van!!!

We would arrive at Little Grassy Lake Church Camp, in southern Illinois, ready for adventure and fun, some of it even of the religious nature!! We did our little bit of trouble making but never too much because we were afraid we wouldn't be allowed back the next year and it was the highlight of our summers!!!

Last weekend Doc and I saw this boat in Sunset Marina on Stock Island. Doc immediately broke into song, of course, he grew up in southern Illinois. In fact, he even went to summer camp at Little Grassy Lake. We always wonder if our paths crossed at that time?

Click on Grooveshark..I dare you!!! "Kumbaya Lord, Kumbaya"

1 comment:

  1. OMG! We used to sing that at Girl Scout Camp. Good times!

    ReplyDelete