Thursday, November 5, 2009

Florida!



I love Florida! My love affair started when I first took my boys to Disney World. Kevin was just two and a half, David was seven. It was just the three of us taking on Mickey! We had a really good time... we rode the rides and ran all over that park. My favorite was "It's a Small World". The boys liked "Pirates of the Caribbean" The next day we visited Sea World which I enjoyed as much or more then Disney! The third day we drove to the Ocean and visited the Space Center and then played on the beach. Kevin, the baby, got surprised and knocked down by a couple waves but then he figured it out!

When I married my husband, Doc, we took the entire family, my boys, his girl on our honeymoon! We got married in the Keys, on a sailboat in Marathon, stayed there a while and then back to the mainland for another visit to Disney. This time Kevin was nine and David was thirteen, Ashley was twelve. It was an "interesting" fun trip as we all became a blended family.....the kids were the only ones at our wedding, with the exception of Nelson, David's best friend from back home and the Captain and his wife, who performed the ceremony. Hope it was all legal! LOL!! Nelson happened to be in Florida at the same time ( another story) and came along as our camera man..to film the event. By the way, he did a very nice job....thank you, Nelson!

So, back to Florida being one of my favorite places.....later we moved our sailboat ( I hate to call it a Yacht, because it sounds so pretentious, but it is what it is!) to Naples and then to Key West. We spent a lot of fun time there, with the kids and also just the two of us! Our yacht served as our floating motel, party barge and portable galley. Grilled fresh fish became our favorite meal. The kids would jump into our inflatable dinghy, with the little motor and tour the area, whether we were anchored out in in a marina. We saw shark, manatee and lobster....frequently all the same day! We did a lot of snorkeling and all became PADI Scuba certified...good times!

Now, we have a lot of good memories and love to visit Florida every chance we can, it is still our plan to retire on a "yacht" and join the modern day Gypsy's, aka "yachties" or "liveaboards"

And this weekend..Key West..the most favorite of our Florida destinations!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I would like to live on the water. Have fun in FL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JS...Have fun!!! Say hi to everyone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Blog,, its a secret but Im moving to florida in June! The Fort Pierce area... shhh! dont tell. But you can come visit me ALOT! Since I know you love it so much! Jen Ulitschan

    ReplyDelete