Thursday, August 13, 2009

"The North Face"



I think I am on the North Face of bankrupcy if I continue to buy this brand of clothing!

Somewhere along the line, I got addicted to this clothing line and the feeling it inspires when you wear that logo "The North Face"! It sounds athletic and daring and fit and young...all things of which I am not!!! ( but wish I were)

I believe it started when I found a perfectly good North Face fleece jacket at the Goodwill store. It was only $4.00 and I knew I had scored a bargain. The problem began though, when I realized I wanted more and you just don't see it everyday at the Thrift stores.

Piece by piece I started to buy, especially when I found them on the sale rack. But tonight the dam broke and I paid full price for three garments! I spent almost as much as I did on my first car back in 1977...a VW Superbeetle, which was a great ride!!! My son even demanded, " Mom, are you wearing North Face pants? I see you have sold out to North Face" I also was wearing a really cool, black, Northface tech top ....I looked liked I was dressed to rock climb rather then take my grandbaby for a walk!! Nothing like a Grandma trying to look cool, but hey, I couldn't afford this stuff back in 1970, when I had a good body. In fact, was North Face even around? And an even more poignant question, did I ever have a good body?

Ouch!!

Should I feel better because the tag said the polar tech was made of re-cycled materials?

Probably not even made in the USA! No, it is not! I just checked the hang tag...made in El Salvador. Wish it were at least imported from Nepal....Mt Everest!

A girl, even a grandma, can dream!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment