Monday, August 10, 2009

Taking it to the Limit




"Come on and take it to the limit, one more time"

Most of you know the impact that music has in my life. Music feeds my spirit, my energy, my life! Yesterday on our road trip back home from Roaring River, we had a quick stop to top off our gas tanks. Always one to take advantage of any shopping, I was browsing the truck stop store!!!

I was really wanting some music, something powerful, something I hadn't heard in a while.

There it was!!! A digitally remastered CD of the Eagle's Greatest Hits! Perfect even though it was $18.99!! Ouch! Those truck stop execs realized there will be people like me! Consumers willing to plop down the cash, just to have their musical needs met!!

I left the truck stop parking lot with "Take it Easy" blasting from my speakers!!!

It took me back to opening night at the Mississippi River Music Festival, 1974! I worked as an usher under the "tent" and got to enjoy great concerts weekly, front row! The perfect summer job for a college student!

Take it to the Limit! That is what life is about!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment