Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Squam Lake



"On Golden Pond" is one of my favorite movies. Filmed in the early 8o's at Squam Lake, New Hampshire, it became a special movie for many. I have to honestly say the first time I watched it, I didn't like it. It seemed contrived and Norman Thayer really irritated me!

However, a few years later I was drawn to watch it again. The second time something "clicked" and I realized it really had some incredible acting.

I still can't stand Jane Fonda but will tolerate her, so I can watch Henry Fonda and Katharine Hepburn in action. Both were super, in my opinion!

Doc and I are planning a trip in fall to Squam Lake which I prefer to call Golden Pond. New Hampshire in the fall is beautiful. Boulder Motel and Cottages in Holderness, New Hampshire offer knotty pine rustic cabins and rooms. Located directly on Squam Lake they have been in business for five decades. Lots of fun with 100 feet of sandy beach and complimentary use of canoes and rowboats! Screened porches off of every room!!!

We will fly into Manchester, New Hampshire and drive to the Lake. Airfare (right now!) less then $500.00 for two taxes included, www.docsislandtimetravel.com

My own On Golden Pond experience.....who wants to join us?

No comments:

Post a Comment