Sunday, August 23, 2009

So Busy!


Janetsue with Kayaks for the WITO Outdoor Skills Workshop


Oh my goodness! it has been a week since I have written on my blog!!!! I apologize to my faithful readers!!!

This has been a crazy busy week as I put the finishing touches on our Women in the Outdoors Skills Workshop which I coordinated. It was held at the Bass Pro of Independence. The Bass Pro staff were so helpful and donated so much to ensure that it was a successful event!!! From 15% off coupons to authentic Bass Pro bottled water, the contributions were huge and so appreciated!!!!!!

Brian, the Store Manager and April, the Special Events Planner were just amazing to work with. They were constantly checking in with us to see if we needed anything and make sure our needs were met!!! Bass Pro, under Brian's directions provided us with several store associates to teach the specialized classes and they were enthusiastic and knowledgeable.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, BASS PRO of INDEPENDENCE!!!!!!

Also, thank you so much to Ellen Benitz the Missouri regional coordinator for the NWTF/WITO. Ellen, it was really fun and worth every ounce of planning and effort!!!

Also, thanks to my friends that pitched in and helped out at the last minute, when I didn't think I could do one more thing!!!!! You girls are the greatest!!!!

Being a committee of one is not easy. Next year we hope to have a slew of helpers, but we will carry on!!!! Because that is what Women of the Outdoors do!!! We simply carry on!!! Carry on Traditions, carry on Fun, carry on the Outdoor Skills that must to be taught to each generation, or it will be lost. Skills such as hunting, fishing, cooking..... skills that served our ancestors well, skills that allowed them to survive.

We also like to share skills that are simply fun.....jewelry making, turkey feather painting, turkey tail taxidermy, to name a few.

I hope everyone will check the Women in the Outdoors website site frequently, click on event and then click on your state to see what is happening in your area. Register and attend! You will be glad you did!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment