Thursday, August 27, 2009

Same Time, Next Year



This movie has always been one of my favorites. Strange that it is, as I have never much liked Alan Alda......his humor always seemed so forced. And of course, the story line of the movie is amoral for all of us married folks! But there is just something about it!!! I watched it this evening ( had to wait until hubby was out of the house, that is when I watch all questionable movies!)( he does the same to me but tends to pick the murder mystery or sci- fi movies that I cannot abide!!!)

The movie was released in November 1978, on the 22nd, which happens to be my birthday. My birth year was 1955, which is just a few years after the original opening setting....1951..... of course I adore vintage, so I think that is part of my love of this movie. I enjoy seeing the sets and how they change as the movie moves through 25 years of life. The setting...The Sea Shadow Inn, which is actually non- existent.....a small cottage was built on a temporary foundation..the interior shots were filmed in a studio. Filmed in California on the coast..the scenes are beautiful. I especially like the insertion of news event photos, a peek at the past.

The friendship and love that develop between George and Doris almost seems to excuse their unfaithful behavior. It does cause us to re-visit the idea of "love at first sight" or rather is it "lust at first sight"?

Having felt love at first sight, when I met my husband Doc, I accept the concept. If you have not experienced it, I am certain the idea may seem ridiculous! I think we all have our soul mates out there and if we are lucky enough to meet them and "hook up" ( what a dreadful term!!!) scratch that!!!

If we are lucky enough to meet them and "get married" ( better!) then we are very lucky indeed!!!

Click on the right for the theme song of the movie "The last time I felt like this"

No comments:

Post a Comment