Saturday, July 4, 2009

Let's celebrate America!!!!



Happy Birthday America!!

Old Glory! You have never looked so beautiful to me. I have become acutely aware of those around me, that are so comfortably and proudly Patriotic!!!

And I capitalized Patriotic intentionally, because in my mind it has become a very important adjective. Those of us that are Patriotic and Proud, those of us that still put our hand over our heart, when we hear the National Anthem.

Those of us that shed a tear when we hear the the song "God Bless America" and we remember the pain of 9-11.

Those of us that are proud of our family's military service, for their service to our country, so we may continue to enjoy the freedoms that so many take for granted.

I will never take those freedoms for granted, so help me God!!

Those of us that are not afraid to talk openly about our political and religious beliefs.

Yes, God Bless America!!!! We NEED your blessings and we WANT your blessings upon this great nation!

No comments:

Post a Comment