Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Margaritaville



Some of the gals and I have a trip planned to Key West in November. "The Meeting of the Minds" will be in session! It will be a great! I have been there before on that weekend, quite by accident! Wow, it was a blast!! And walking on Duval Street from the Southern Most Point ( where we were staying in a fantastic hotel, call me for details!)we heard the best Jimmy Buffet impersonator that I have EVER heard!! And one hears a lot of Jimmy Buffet in Key West, everyone wants to cash in!!! However, this one was super!! In fact, as we got closer and closer..it turned out it was Jimmy Buffet!!! Giving a free outdoors concert, the street was packed with a Margarita and LandShark guzzling crowd!!! I totally humiliated my husband by asking everyone around me..."is that really Jimmy Buffet?" They all just ignored me, of course, thinking I was the most pathetic, middle-age woman they had ever seen. Well they were wrong..I know a few women that are just a little more pathetic then me!!! But anyway, I digress!!!!

We were hearing my # 1 fav of Jimmy's "Tin Cup Chalice"..click on my link to groove shark! And then of course, he played my #1 favorite "Margaritaville" followed by my #1 favorite "One Particular Harbor". Parrot Heads Unite, as I list three #1 favs! We are the people our parents warned us about!!!

Flashback!!! Labor Day 2008: We heard Jimmy, in concert at the Nissan Pavillion, near Washington DC!!! It was an amazing experience!!!! The crowd showed up early (at least 12 hours before stage call!) The partying began and you have never experienced such a crowd! What a blast!!!

Then, as if life isn't already perfect!!!, we had 10th row, center,tickets....and he gave an incredible, fun, musical concert!!! I will never be the same..he is NOT just a pretty face!! LOL He is truly a musician, entertainer! JB, I really love you!!!!
( but not as much as my husband, Doc, of course!!!!)

You know I have to get the business plug in, of course! I bought the tickets on my own web site for less then 1/3 what those same seats were selling for at the MGM Las Vegas, later in the concert tour!!!!
I was able to WRITE IT OFF on my taxes as it was a business expense, TRULY!
And I made a commission on the sale!! You just can't do any better then that!!!

If you are curious about how I made this all happen...feel free to call, I might just share it with you......WE ARE HIRING!!! Mrs Vintagegreenjeans AKA Mrs Docsislandtimetravel.com....teaching my part of the world to get out there and have fun !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment